Ankeny Medical Park Surgery Center (AMPSC) is dedicated to being part of the solution for the COVID-19 health crisis. We’re here to serve the community, and we want you to know we are taking every precaution to protect the health and safety of our patients, their families, our staff and our community.
Patients are only required to COVID-19 test if:
- You are experiencing respiratory symptoms.
- You have a known exposure in the past 10 days.
If you are required to test, a nurse will explain to you the process of getting tested.
Once you are tested, it’s highly recommended you self-quarantine until your surgery if able and wear a mask if in public places.
We will contact you only if you have a positive test result via text/phone call.
AMPSC is always committed to patient and staff safety. AMPSC is following the CDC’s COVID-19 recommendations to maintain social distancing and avoid large group gatherings. In an effort to protect patients, visitors and staff, AMPSC has implemented the following visitor restriction policy:
- Adult patients will be allowed to have ONE visitor accompany them into our facility for surgery.
- NO Children are allowed in the facility unless they are the patient.
- Pediatric patients may be accompanied by both parents/guardians.
- Face masks will be optional for all patients and visitors. Please practice social distancing while in the building.
If patients or visitors have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, a new loss of taste or smell, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, we ask that they DO NOT come into the surgery center, but call (515) 965-2200 to talk to a nurse about your situation. If patients/visitors are experiencing an emergency, please call 911.
It’s important to note that if our community transmission levels increase to a substantial level we may again require team members, patients and visitors to wear masks while in our facility. We will communicate accordingly if our masking requirements need to change.
We appreciate your cooperation with these guidelines as we work to protect you, other patients, and our surgeons and staff.