Ankeny Medical Park Surgery Center is dedicated to being part of the solution for the COVID-19 health crisis. We’re here to serve the community, and we want you to know we are taking every precaution to protect the health and safety of our staff, our patients, their families, and our community.
All patients must have a negative PCR COVID test within 72 hours of their procedure unless you are fully vaccinated or you can provide a positive COVID-19 test in the last 90 days of your procedure. Ankeny Medical Park Surgery Center (AMPSC) will explain to you the process of getting tested.
- Once you are tested, it’s highly recommended you self-quarantine until your surgery if able and wear a mask if in public places.
- We will contact you with a positive test result via text/phone call. If the test result is still pending the day of surgery, we will have you wait in the lobby until the test result is available.
AMPSC is always committed to patient and staff safety. AMPSC is following the CDC’s COVID-19 recommendations to maintain social distancing and avoid large group gatherings. In an effort to protect patients, visitors, and staff, AMPSC has implemented the following visitor restriction policy:
- Adult patients will be allowed to have ONE visitor accompany them into the facility for surgery.
- NO children allowed in the facility unless they are the patient.
- Pediatric patients may be accompanied by both parents/guardians.
- Face masks will be optional for all patients and visitors. Please practice social distancing while in the building.
If patients or visitors have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, a new loss in taste or smell, or have been exposed to someone with coronavirus, we ask that they DO NOT come to the surgery center, but call (515) 965-2200 to talk to a nurse. If patients/visitors are experiencing an emergency, please call 911.
We appreciate your cooperation with these guidelines as we work to protect you, other patients, and our surgeons and staff.