Welcome! This page will walk you through what is needed prior to your surgery or procedure at the Ankeny Medical Park Surgery Center. If you have any questions you can always call the facility at (515) 965-2200.
You will be called in advance to surgery to talk with a nurse who will review your medical history and any medications you are taking so we can prepare for your visit. The Center is a separate entity from your physicians’ office and we need to verify all information we are given on your behalf.
The billing office will also be contacting you about payment prior to surgery. You may pay in advance by going to the billing section on this website or call our billing office at (515) 207-6310.
- Please be aware that you will receive multiple bills related to your procedure. Separate bills will be produced related to MVSC (facility), your surgeon, anesthesia provider, applicable durable medical equipment, pathology tests, lab tests, or other tests prior to the procedure.
Preparing for your surgery:
The day before your procedure, please be aware of the following:
- You will receive a text message from Ankeny Medical Park Surgery Center at noon the business day before your surgery or procedure to inform you of the arrival time and instructions for your procedure. If you are unable to receive text message we will call you with your arrival time with a message with all information included.
- Drink plenty of fluids up until midnight to make sure you are hydrated.
- You are strongly encouraged not to smoke or drink alcohol for 24 hours before your procedure.
- You may need to arrange for someone to stay with you at home on the night of your procedure. In addition, if you have children in your care, you may need to arrange babysitting for at least 24 hours after your return home.
- We require that you have a designated driver to take you home on the day of your procedure unless you are only receiving local anesthesia. You may NOT go home alone in a taxi or on public transportation. If you do not have a designated driver available, your procedure will need to be rescheduled or canceled.
- Call your doctor immediately if there are any changes in your health condition, such as fever or cold.
- MEDICATIONS: Check with your doctor about the medications you are taking. Ask your doctor if and when you should stop taking your routine medications including vitamins, over-the-counter medications, and/or herbal preparations before your procedure.
- If you are currently taking any of the following medications, please let us know immediately so that we may adjust or stop these medications prior to your procedure:
- Blood-thinning medications such as Aspirin, Coumadin (Warfarin), Plavix (Clopidogrel)
- Medications for diabetes such as Glucophage (Metformin), Micronase (Glyburide), or Glucotrol (Glipizide)